Employment & Human Resources Advisory Services
Responsive Employment & HR Advisory Services for Alberta Businesses
As experienced employment lawyers and litigators, we understand what happens when a workplace issue spins out of control and requires intervention from a court. We know that doing things right the first time can prevent legal problems before they begin or can help mitigate them before they escalate.
Through proactive risk management, our employment advisory team can help you keep costs to a minimum, manage employee relations, and keep your business running smoothly. With knowledgeable legal advice just a phone call away we can help your company and handle issues as quickly as they arise.
Employment Lawyers, Available When You Need Them
Our employment lawyers stay on top of developments in employment law and policy so that you don`t have to. Working with us is like having a knowledgeable and skilled in-house employment law specialist at your fingertips. We work hard to establish trusted relationships with our clients and their human resources staff, so they feel comfortable reaching out to us about day-to-day concerns.
Some examples of matters we regularly assist with include:
- Drafting, reviewing, amending, or updating employment contracts for new and existing employees;
- Independent contractor advice and multiple service agreements;
- Reviewing, updating, or creating new workplace policies that reflect up-to-date law and best practices;
- Advising on requests for accommodation and managing employees with illness or disability;
- Guiding clients on best practices in recruitment and hiring, including issues with independent contractors;
- Reviewing workplace investigation processes, and advising on or carrying out ongoing investigations;
- Responding to human rights code complaints;
- Advising on employee rights and employer obligations; and
- Advising on employee discipline, termination, and severance.
Our lawyers respond promptly to your questions, allowing you to make informed decisions that are in your company’s best interests.
Practical Legal Advice to Proactively Address Potential Disputes
Small issues and disagreements in the workplace can sometimes escalate rapidly, leaving human resources managers and employers racing to retain and instruct counsel to obtain advice. By having HMC Lawyers as an on-call employment law advisor, employers can proactively mitigate any issues before they devolve into larger problems, or can react quickly to emerging situations with trusted, practical legal advice.
We have extensive experience negotiating matters to avoid costly litigation and can work closely with clients to resolve an employment concern before it becomes a formal complaint. If a dispute does escalate, our clients can be confident in our ability to advocate persuasively on their behalf. Our lawyers have successfully argued cases at all levels of court in Alberta, as well as before provincial boards and tribunals.
Alberta Employment Lawyers Offering Advice When You Need It
With HMC Lawyers as your on-call employment law counsel, you have access to trusted, affordable legal advice whenever a workplace issue arises. We can advise companies with operations in Alberta, or anywhere else in Western Canada. Let our team help your business run more efficiently. Call 1-800-480-3534, or contact us online to make an appointment.